Required Source Information
First come the required sources of supplies and services, then
come Micro purchases and the Simplified Acquisition Procedures...
Confused About Your Right? Know The Law!
The Federal Acquisition Streamlining Act,
covers micro purchasing and the simplified acquisition
procedures. Some people are thinking, “Does
that really mean I can use my government purchase card without
considering UNICOR, NIB/NISH, stock programs, excess inventory,
or Federal Supply Schedules anymore?” The answer is, No. A House
of Representative’s conference report covering the Federal Acquisition
Streamlining Act of 1994, states, “The conferees do not intend
that the increased threshold alter the current priority among
sources of supplies and services under Part 8 and 13 of the Federal
Acquisition Regulation.” So, remember...before you go to your
local supplier you must first consider the listing in FAR 8.001, Priorities
for use of Government supply sources, listed below.
- Agency inventories
- Excess from other agencies
- Federal Prison Industries, Inc. (UNICOR)
- Procurement lists of supplies available from the committee
for the purchase from the committee for the purchase from
people who are blind or severely disabled (NIB/NISH)
- Wholesale supply sources, such as stock program of the General
Services Administration, the Defense Logistics Agency,
the Department of Veterans Affairs, and military inventory
- Mandatory Federal Supply Schedules
- Optional use Federal Supply Schedules, and SF-71 Form
- Commercial sources.
- Procurement lists of services available from the Committee
for Purchase from People, who are Blind or Severely Disabled (NIB/NISH),
- Mandatory Federal Supply Schedules and mandatory GSA term
contracts for personal property rehabilitation,
- Optional use Federal Supply Schedules and optional use GSA
term contracts for personal property rehabilitation.
- Federal Prison Industries, Inc. (UNICOR) or commercial sources.
The UNICOR Advantage
UNICOR offers hassle free ordering and provides
the freedom that comes with purchasing options that work for you.
UNICOR actively seeks new ways to improve service to customers. We have invested and expanded our e-commerce
technology to support our On-Line Shopping Store. Today, when a
customer places an order on-line, it is directed to one
of more than 100 factories, just like many private sector fortune 100
companies. The customer has a new edge of knowing when an order is placed on-line, that it is immediately scheduled for manufacturing
Why Specify UNICOR Products?
- Eliminates 3-Quote Purchasing Requirements
- Competitive Pricing with GSA
- National Sales Coverage
- Single Requisition for Products and Services
- On-line order Status and Tracking
- One Stop Shopping
- One Invoice
Specifying UNICOR products is a very Smart Move. We are proud to be your number one supply source!
All the more reason to select UNICOR as your First choice when
every penny counts.
Convenient Payment Methods for Military & Civilian Agencies
- DD 488-MIPR (Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request)
- Standard Fedstrip/Milstrip Systems
- MOA (Memorandum of Agreement)
- MOU (Memorandum of Understanding)
- DD 1149 OR SF 1449-Purchase Order
- DD 1155 Order for Supplies and Services
- OF 347-Order for Supplies and Services and the SF-1 Form
- Government Purchase Card
Note: For a complete listing go to
Some of the above payment arrangements allow you to advance payment to UNICOR
now, and make your specific selections later. For more
information on these payment methods, contact our Customer Service Center at 1 800-827-3168,
select the Accounts Receivable option.